Cashew apples are great in taste, especially when chilled. In #Ghana its usually fruits during the #harmattan season that is, from December through to March. Most people only eat its nut which is also packed with many wonderful nutrients but the fruit itself is mostly thrown away.
I spent some weeks at #Bole, in the Northern region of Ghana and discovered that the #cashew apple was also great in taste and had antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. So I experimented with ginger and O my! It was great.
Please find below how to make this sweet healthy juice
Watch out for cashew juice ice cream in my next post
- A handful of cashew apples( about 7)
- 2 Pieces of ginger (you add more or less depending on your taste)
- A quarter cup of water
- Remove the nuts from the top of the cashew apples
- Wash the cashew apples and ginger thoroughly under running water
- Cut them up into chunks (if your blunder is not very sharp , then cut them up into smaller pieces so that it would blend very well)
- Cut the ginger into pieces. (I don’t peel off the skin)
- Put the cashew apples, ginger and water into the blunder and blend them all up
- Strain the juice using a juice bag or a net sieve to get the pulp out.
- Pour into a glass and drink or refrigerate (Highly recommended) before drinking.